Homework Hot Spot
WHAT IS THE HOMEWORK HOTSPOT AND HOW DOES IT WORK?
The Homework Hotspot meets after school on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 3:45 –5:00 pm beginning the first week of September. KMS staff and National Junior Honor Society provides a place and support for students who need assistance completing homework and projects. This service is free to you; the only thing we require is that you are here promptly at 5:00 p.m. to pick up your child at door #1 (main office doors). If your work prohibits you from arriving at 5:00 p.m. for pick up and need to make special arrangements, please call the office. All students must have a ride home no later than 5:10 p.m. We also encourage parents to carpool as necessary. Please note the following guidelines for our club:
1. Make sure your parents know where you are. If parents must regularly call to find you, then a parent signature will be required in your Passbook before you are allowed into the Homework Hotspot.
2. You must come with homework to do and everything you need to go home. If you come without work, you will be asked to leave. You will not return to your locker when dismissed. Students will not be allowed in the Homework Hotspot after 3:45.
3. If you get homework finished early, you may leave if you have a ride or you can read.
4. You may stay for part of the Homework Hotspot and then go to your athletic practice. A pass will be written for your coach.
5. Your ride must pick you up by 5:00 p.m. (5:10 p.m. if arrangements have been made). Failure to have a ride at school will result in exclusion from the Homework Hotspot.
6. No phone calls allowed during the Homework Hotspot; have your ride arranged before attending.
7. Pick up will be at the main office doors. (Door #1). You will go from the Homework Hotspot directly to Door #1 for pick up; you will not go to your locker so make sure you have everything you need to go home when you come to the Homework Hotspot.
The Homework Hotspot
Objective: To provide an environment and support for the completion of homework, projects, and reading.
Enter the room on time and prepared to focus on school work
Limit talking to academic tasks and speak in a quiet voice
Sit in a location that will provide you with a successful work session
When using resources/books found in the room return them to the appropriate place before leaving the room
Dispose of all trash in the appropriate receptacle
Take responsibility for your learning and ASK the tutors for assistance! That is why they are here!! ☺
Come into the room with all the materials you will need to work for the entire time. Be on time; no entrance after 3:45.
Use the restroom before entering the room
Take the help from the tutors….they want you to be successful!
Always follow the directives of the adults in charge